Update from Andrew Mitchel at Rural Gigabit.
As the end of the year, and decade, rapidly approach, we thought everyone would appreciate an update on Openreach Community Fibre Partnerships.
With BT/Openreach having been selected by the Scottish Government for a £600 million programme to ensure everyone gets superfast broadband, it’s really important that those working on broadband solutions for their communities think long-term. Using UK Government Gigabit Vouchers will remove communities from the Scottish Government funded upgrade programme, so whatever solution the vouchers are used for, communities should be happy committing to for the foreseeable future.
For most of rural Kinross-shire, we expect the Scottish Government upgrades to be Openreach Full Fibre / Fibre to the Premise. i.e. the same type of solution delivered via Openreach Community Fibre Partnerships. We’ve written more about this here:
If you are an active user of social media, we would appreciate you sharing this post, so everyone can make informed choices:
In terms of Openreach Community Fibre Partnerships in the area, here’s an update on the various projects:
- Mains of Mawcarse, 20 Openreach FTTP upgrades: will be live in December 2019.
- Cleish Hills phase one, 54 Openreach FTTP upgrades: contract signed, will be live in June 2020.
- Cuthill Towers, 33 Openreach FTTP upgrades: contract signed, will be live in June 2020.
- Mawcarse, 23 Openreach FTTP upgrades: contract signed, will be live in June 2020.
- Flockhouse, 12 Openreach FTTP upgrades: we expect to finalise the contract by 20th December 2019.
- Benarty Road, 25 Openreach FTTP upgrades: we expect to finalise the contract by 20th December 2019.
- Blairadam/Maryburgh/Keltybridge 56 Openreach FTTP upgrades: we expect to finalise the contract in January 2020.
- Loch Leven (B9097): Openreach CFP project closed off – community are progressing an alternative solution.
- Initial and revised quotes for Arlary Farm, Hatchbank/Carsegour, Moreland, Boreland, Coldrain and Aldie are being progressed.
All dependent on costs/funding and stimulating more interest in some of these communities.
Cleish Hills Community Interest Company
Company Number: SC636124